Thank you for your continued interest in St Michael Catholic School. We look forward to another school year with your child, please
call our school office (317) 462-6380 between 8:00 am - 3:30 pm M-F or email email@example.com if you need anything. Thank you!
The school conducts registration in the early spring. School families are given the first opportunity to register for the next school year. Then the parish community is notified of open registration. Registration is completed by submitting a Registration/Information Form for each student along with the family registration fee. This is a non-refundable fee. All other fees are due by May 31st. Your registration fee will be deducted from tuition. Registrations are dated when received. Classes are filled in this order (depending on date received):
- Returning students
- Current school families with new students
- Parish families with new students
- Non-parish families with new students
- Registration/Information Form is available by contacting the school office using the information above.
- Emergency Contact Form
- Home Language Survey
After Care/Before Care
St. Michael School offers the After School Care Program for students whose parents cannot pick them up at dismissal time. On a normal school day, this program is offered from dismissal (3:00 PM) until 5:30 PM. The program will usually start in the Fr. Severin Life Center until 3:45 and then weather permitting may travel outside. At 5:00, students may transition to an available spaces to open the gym area up for practices and other activities. The program will consist of recreational activities, snack time, and study time. When the weather is agreeable, students will play outside. Please see the BEFORE CARE/AFTER CARE REGISTRATION 2018-2019 for pricing options.
Before Care: 6:30 – 7:30 AM
1. Students arriving between 6:30 and 7:30 will be charged a daily rate of $1. 2. Before care will begin at 6:30. Students who arrive at school between 6:30 and 7:15 can purchase breakfast. Cereal, breakfast sandwiches and other breakfast items will be available. A breakfast schedule will be posted monthly. At this time our breakfast is not part of the federal free and reduced meal program.
1. Before school homework help will be offered on Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00 – 7:30. Friday may be added later if needed. This is not part of before care. Students must bring homework, or he/she will be sent to before care.
2. After school homework help will be offered Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings for students in 4th through 8th grades from 3:00 – 3:45. This is not part of after care and is free of charge. Students must bring homework to complete or he/she will be sent to after care.
After Care: 3:00 – 6:00 PM
Each day students will have snack time, homework time, play time and may participate in the special programming available.
Additional programs will be available after school. These programs will allow students to participate in clubs or to participate in activities that will enrich student learning. Programs will be quarterly, by the semester or yearlong. More information will follow about registration for these programs along with the dates and times for each program. Students who are not picked up after their club/special program will be sent to after care.
1. Cyber Patriots – Cyber Patriots are grades 6-8. Thursdays (Mrs. Capen)
2. Coder Dojo is grades 3-8. Tuesdays (Mrs. Capen)
3. Drama – Casting to begin in November for a musical. (Mrs. Mickler)
4. Physical Conditioning – one day a week for students in 3 – 8 (Ty Hayes) Start date to be announced
5. Storytelling Pre-school to 3rd one day a month
6. Chess club on Wednesday afternoons for grade 5 - 8
8. Walking Club Mondays (end of August through October) Mrs. Brinkman
9. Game Club w/Fr Aaron – 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 3 to 5 for grades 5 to 8
|August 14, 28||Sept. 11, 25||Oct. 23||Nov. 6, 20|
|Jan. 8, 22||Feb. 5, 19||March 5|
Parents who wish to use this service should register with the school secretary, and may drop their children off at the Before Care location of the school between 7:00 and 7:30 AM. Parents who will not be using the Before Care program, but arrive before 7:30 AM, should wait in their cars at the drop off assigned drop off location until the signal bell rings. Fees for Before School Care are $1.00 a day. Billing is done through the school office. Prompt payment is appreciated. Failure to pay on time may result in not being able to use the program.
Any student arriving at school before the 7:30 bell will be escorted to the Before School Care Program and parents will be billed accordingly. Please do not drop students off in the parking lot and leave them unsupervised.
Books, Supplies and Fees
All textbooks used in St. Michael School are on the approved adoption list from the Office of Catholic Education and the State of Indiana. All textbooks used by students are rented for the school year. Supply fees include textbook rental and standardized testing.
It is the sole responsibility of each student to maintain all texts in an acceptable manner during the school year. All students must have a book bag of some kind to carry books to and from school. Parents will be responsible for replacing any text that has been damaged or unduly marked. The classroom teacher will notify the front office for billing.
All medication necessary to be administered at school must be brought to the office in original packaging, properly labeled with the name of the student, time to be given, and dosage. By State Law, we are not allowed to dispense non-aspirin pain reliever or other medication without specific directions from the parents on the “Permission to Administer Medication Form” located on the school website. Students should NOT keep medicine in a desk or lunch box. All medicines will be administered by the school secretary. *Exception* Inhalers may be kept in the classroom with the classroom teacher.
Acceptable Use Policy
All electronic communications to, from, or within St. Michael Catholic School shall reflect the Christian principles upon which our school is founded, in support of its educational goals.
Internet access is now available to staff and students at St. Michael Catholic School. We believe that the internet offers vast, diverse and unique educational resources to our school community. Our goal, in providing this service to staff and students, is to promote educational excellence by facilitating communications, leading our community toward effective living in the global village.
Free & Reduced Lunch
Children need healthy meals to learn. St. Michael Catholic School offers healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. This packet includes an application for free or reduced price meal benefits, and a set of detailed instructions. Below are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process. If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Thorpe, Cafeteria Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 462-6380 ext. 219.