After Care/Before Care
After Care Emergency Phone Number: 317-649-0015 (This number is answered M-F from 3-6 pm ONLY.)
St. Michael School offers the After School Care Program for students whose parents cannot pick them up at dismissal time. On a normal school day, this program is offered from dismissal (3:00 PM) until 6:00 PM. The program will usually start in the Fr. Severin Life Center until 3:45 and then weather permitting may travel outside. At 5:00, students may transition to an available spaces to open the gym area up for practices and other activities. The program will consist of recreational activities, snack time, and study time. When the weather is agreeable, students will play outside.
Before Care: 6:30 – 7:30 AM
1. Students arriving between 6:30 and 7:30 will be charged a daily rate of $1.
2. Parents who wish to use this service should register with the school secretary, and may drop their children off at the Before Care location of the school between 6:30 and 7:30 AM. Parents who will not be using the Before Care program, but arrive before 7:30 AM, should wait in their cars at the drop off assigned drop off location until the signal bell rings.
Fees for Before School Care are:
One child: $15/week
Two children: $25/week
Three+ children: $30/week
Billing is done through the school office. Prompt payment is appreciated. Failure to pay on time may result in not being able to use the program.
Any student arriving at school before the 7:30 bell will be escorted to the Before School Care Program and parents will be billed accordingly. Please do not drop students off in the parking lot and leave them unsupervised.
After Care: 3:00 – 6:00 PM
Each day students will have snack time, homework time, play time and may participate in the special programming available.
Fee for After School Care are:
One child: $40/week
Two children: $70/week
Three+ children: $80/week
Additional programs will be available after school. These programs will allow students to participate in clubs or to participate in activities that will enrich student learning. Programs will be quarterly, by the semester or yearlong. More information will follow about registration for these programs along with the dates and times for each program. Students who are not picked up after their club/special program will be sent to after care.
All 2020-2021 special programming is tentative due to COVID. Information will be published on specific programs if they become available.
1. Drama – Casting to begin in November for a musical. (Mrs. Mickler)
2. Storytelling Pre-school to 3rd one day a month
3. Chess club on Wednesday afternoons for grade 5 - 8
4. Walking Club Mondays (during September) Mrs. Brinkman
5. Strings with Mrs. Mickler on Thursday for grade 3 - 8